[Originally posted by Reality of Aid]
As the pandemic continues to diminish the already inadequate support and assistance from development cooperation actors in addressing the world’s most pressing issues, there is an increasing gap between the world’s wealthiest nations and the least developed and developing nations in terms of pandemic recovery. Thus, there is a need to intensify the work in ensuring a people-centered, rights-based and climate-resilient recovery and development for the region’s marginalized and vulnerable sectors.
The Reality of Aid – Asia Pacific and the Asia Constituency of the CSO Partnership for Development Effectiveness will convene their first hybrid Regional Meeting and Workshop, in Jakarta, Indonesia on July 26-28, 2022, with the theme “Forging through Crises, Fostering Solidarities.”
The meeting will include a policy discussion on current affairs and emerging issues on development cooperation, as well as relevant institution-building concerns. For the in person participants, one of the members and local partner, INDIES, will be organizing a solidarity activity in a fisherfolk community. On July 27-28, the organizers will facilitate a workshop on network and project management.
The meeting and workshop aim to:
- Facilitate a policy discussion on key topics or emerging trends on development cooperation today
- Address pertinent institution-building matters
- Review and assess members’ adherence to development effectiveness and cull out challenges faced
- Enhance members’ network and project management skills and strengthen institution-building practices
- Foster camaraderie among members and solidarity with a local community
The Regional Meeting proper, which will also be available online through Zoom, shall commence on Tuesday, July 26, 2022, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm Indonesian Western Standard Time (WIB). You may register for the Regional Meeting through this link.